Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Four Eclectic Haiku

I have noticed that some of my talented brethren over the pond in the UK have a fairly unbending notion of what makes a good haiku.  I, however, am a little bendy.  Luckily, I found a kindred spirit over at Ink, Sweat, & Tears a few months ago who wanted to publish four of my haiku.

Helen Ivory is the sole editor at IS&T, and I knew she was my kind of poet when she green-lighted one of my unlikely haiku celebrating the song La Bamba.  Yay!  She's as nutty as me!

Helen describes IS&T as, "...a UK based webzine which  publishes and reviews poetry, prose, prose-poetry, word & image pieces and everything in between.  Our tastes are eclectic and magpie-like and we aim to publish something new every day."

My four eclectic haiku, suitable for every kind of magpie, are HERE.

~Mick, S.D.G.