Tuesday, November 8, 2016

How It All Started

"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armor. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time." ~Frank Miller

I have been tentatively accepted into the shadowy band of "Silver Blade Poets" but I don't have my sword or spurs yet.  Those will be coming in Issue 32 if I survive the secret trials of the legendary Editors Of Unusual Size.

Silver Pen says: Our magazines strive for extraordinary stories, poems, and flash fiction, insisting on strict editing standards.  Silver Blade is the oldest of the Silver Pen magazines. Karl Rademacher started it in 2008 and continues today as its publisher. Silver Blade originally published classic fantasy stories and poetry, but has expanded to include a wider range of fantasy, as well as science fiction, and now includes longer stories and novellas that are published as serials. Its poetry now emphasizes well crafted poetry of all types and genres.

My poem, titled 'How It All Started,' is a speculative, sci-fi-ish bit of silliness.  Stay tuned for more info about the grueling quest for my sword.

~ Mick, S.D.G.