Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Where the Mind Dwells

A poem I wrote back in January 2016 called "Drizzly Hike" is being published in an anthology called "Where the Mind Dwells" from Eber and Wein publishing.

I understand their business model, and I am not opposed to it.  Basically, they publish your piece, hoping you and your friends/relatives/benefactors/lovers/parole officers will buy a copy.  They gotta make a living like the rest of us, and that's fine.

While it's not exactly vanity publishing, I'm not sure they turn down too many poems.  It reminds me of an old Groucho Marx saying: "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."

Even so, I am happy that they chose my poem - which is really pretty decent - for a chance to live forever in print.  If you buy a copy, I'll sign it for free*.

~ Mick, S.D.G.




*Unless I need the money.