Friday, May 6, 2016

Howdy

It's still strange to refer to myself as a "writer."  But, thinking back, I have always dabbled in creating stories and poems.

In fact, my real writing "career" started back in 1987 when the now-defunct PC Tech Journal published one of my debugging tips.  After that, I still played at writing, but I did not try for publication for many years.

Around 2001, Adventure Racer Magazine published a short, humorous article about my ill-conceived participation in the Hi-Tech Adventure Racing Series.

Then I went into hibernation again for a decade or so.

Only in the past two years have I made a determined effort to hone my skills as a professional writer, and the trajectory has been more like the Vomit Comet than a straight climb.  Still, I've had a few successes that keep me believing that I might be onto something.

This blog is a way for friends, editors, and publishers to keep up with my tomfoolery.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

~ Mick, S.D.G.